Treating yourself isn’t always the first thing on your mind. As a travel nurse you spend most of your time thinking of others. This Nurse’s Week it is time to treat yourself!
Sometimes just getting a new fresh outfit can make you feel like a million bucks! Even just buying a new shirt or pair of jeans that fits just right can make your day. Taking time to treat yourself to a new outfit or piece of clothing is small but can make a big difference in the way you feel.
A new scent or even an old favorite can help your mood and lift your spirits. It might even bring back past memories. The sense of smell is closely linked with memory, probably more so than any of our other senses.
Massage.. need we say more? Who doesn’t enjoy being pampered? After working many shifts and caring for others a massage is almost a MUST. Being on your feet for 12 hours at a time takes a toll on your body, getting a massage will help with tight and tired muscles. It will also help you get some relaxation time. Also, letting someone else care for you will be a nice change of pace.
Go out with the girls, have a guy’s night or just go have a drink by yourself. Getting out and just unwinding with a drink and friends will help to rejuvenate you and give you a little you time. If drinking isn’t your thing, just stick to virgin drinks and go out with friends. It’s still time for yourself!
Fine Leather Goods
For women this one easy! A purse ? Guys, go get yourself a new wallet or a belt. Better yet a nice leather jacket that can be worn all year. If you try to stay away from leather, go for vegan leather or a faux leather! When you look at it, you will think of the time you treated yourself for once!
While this article is meant to have a fun theme, what we are trying to say is to take time out to treat yourself!
What better way to treat yourself than with freebies or giveaways? We have listed some freebies, giveaways and discounts offered to Nurses this week! Remember, you need to care for yourself if you want to care for others.
Freebies for Nurses Week
- Buca de Beppo – free meal for nurses with ID, at participating locations
- Chick-fil-A– Check with your local restaurant for Chick fil A nurses week participation, because each may offer great freebies for nurses!
- Cinnabon– Participating Cinnabon bakeries will offer nurses a free Cinnabon Classic Roll or MiniBon® roll when they present their healthcare ID badge
- Dunkin’ Donuts– Participating locations are offering a free 16 0z. Dunkin’ Dark Roast iced coffee May 6-12, between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m. with a valid health care ID
- Einstein Bro’s Bagels– Nurses wearing their scrubs or ID badge can go to any participating location and receive an Espresso Buzz Bagel and Shmear on the house, May 11
- Sprinkles Cupcakes– free sweet treat with badge at participating locations
Discounts for Nurses Week
- 1-800-Flowers– Nurses can receive 15 percent off gifts and flowers through the end of June using code: RMNSV15
- Disney World– special discounts for nurses at the Swan and Dolphins resorts. Call 800-227-1500 and mention the code DREAMS. Mention that you are a nurse at the time of booking!
- Fanny May– 15 percent off fine chocolates through July 1 using code: 39984
- Lydia’s Uniforms– Nurses get 20 percent off nurse mates clogs, athletic wear and shoes.
- Salus Medical Uniforms– Nurses can save 80 percent on nurse jackets, scrubs, uniforms and more.
- Shoe’s.com– $5 reward when you sign up for their reward program
- Sleep Number– Nurses can receive 35% off their purchases with license verification.