Recently, there was a conversation on our Gypsy Nurse Network group about the characteristics of a great travel nurse recruiter. Our group members had very similar comments.
Here are the TOP responses and characteristics of a great travel nurse recruiter.
- Someone who listens to my wants and needs, and ONLY presents me with pay packages that fit those needs and wants.
- Notify me immediately if my ideal jobs come up, push the envelope with negotiation (in my favor).
- Prompt replies to emails with legit questions and work related requests.
- Don’t be text / call constantly. Be aware of each travelers work/sleep hours and respond accordingly.
- Don’t take travel nurses decisions personally. I’m making choices for MY betterment, not yours.
- Be a straight shooter, NO CAR SALESMAN.
- Honesty, transparency, availability
- Loyalty, a sense of humor, and the drive to go get the money for BOTH of us
What Characteristics do you look for in a travel healthcare recruiter? Post your thoughts in the comments.
Related articles: Recruiter
In addition to characteristics that make a great travel nurse recruiter, here are some articles you might find helpful when working with travel nurse recruiters: