This article was provided by OneStaff Medical.
It has been almost one year since the world changed due to COVID-19. And we are coming to a close on the ‘first’ Holidays in a pandemic.
Up next is Valentine’s Day.
Many Healthcare workers are putting in long, exhausting hours day in and day out to help combat the pandemic. Some may even be living away from their loved ones over the Holiday.
So how can you safely celebrate Valentine’s Day with your Valentine?
Don’t worry. We did some research for you and found 16 ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your special someone in person and virtually.
Together on Valentine’s Day
If you will be together with your Valentine, here are pandemic-safe activities you can do together in the comfort of your own home!
- Get your knowledge on and have an at-home trivia night with other’s virtually (Jackbox, Houseparty)
- Become a mixologist and take a virtual cocktail with Liquid Lab
- Crank up the tunes and have a dance party for two
- Have a board game night (save the stress and leave Monopoly out of this)
- Find a fancy recipe online and make a nice meal together
- OR have a ‘Nailed It’ style bake-off to see who will be on deck to make next year’s Christmas Cookies
- Get outside and go on a hike to take in the fresh air together (& pump up those endorphins ;))
- Look into your future together and create a couples vision board
- Travel around the world from the comfort of your home virtually
Long Distance Love
Being part of a long-distance relationship is already difficult, even more so during the holiday of love. If you’ll be celebrating your love from a distance, here are some fun activities you can still do together from your own homes. It may not be the same as being in person, but you can still create memories that last.
- Call your significant other right away in the morning, and before you go to bed, so you are the first person they talk to when they wake up and the last person before they go to bed
- Order each other food to be delivered to one another and eat together via video chat
- Eat cake by the ocean (Literally or via Zoom background)
- Stream a movie or binge-watch your favorite show at the same time via Netflix Party
- Play virtual games together via Jackbox, gaming console, Snapchat Games
- Mail Letters to each other leading up to Valentine’s Day
- Send one another Valentine’s Day Care Packages
Whether you are spending the day together or apart, you can certainly make this holiday one to remember. Take a little extra time out of your day to make sure your significant other feels loved and appreciated. Happy Valentine’s Day!