Amare Medical Network provided this article.
National Hiking Day is celebrated on November 17th each year. It’s a day to get out and enjoy the great outdoors and all the benefits that hiking has to offer. It is a great way to improve your physical fitness and mental health and reduce stress. It also deepens our connection with nature and enhances our understanding of the environment.
Travel nurses who enjoy hiking will find many great places to travel to in the winter! Some of our favorites include Colorado, California, Washington, and Tennessee.
Colorado is the perfect winter destination, with its stunning scenery and variety of trails to choose from.
- Rocky Mountain National Park is home to some of the most iconic hiking trails in Colorado, including Dream Lake, Emerald Lake, and Bear Lake. In the winter, the lakes are often frozen over, making for stunning views.
- Red Rock Canyon Open Space is located just outside of Denver and offers a variety of hiking trails, including some that lead to the base of towering red rock formations.
With its diverse landscape, California is another great state for winter hiking.
- Yosemite National Park is home to some of the most iconic trails in the world, including the Mist Trail to Vernal and Nevada Falls and the Half Dome hike.
- Joshua Tree National Park is known for its unique Joshua trees and offers a variety of hiking trails for all levels of experience.
If you’re looking for a challenge, Washington is the place for you!
- Olympic National Park is known for its lush forests and towering mountains. Winter is a great time to hike in Olympic, as the weather is cooler and less humid.
- North Cascades National Park has stunning alpine scenery and challenging hiking trails. Winter is a great time to hike in the North Cascades, as the weather is cooler and the crowds are smaller.
Consider hiking in Tennessee if mild temperatures and a variety of trails interest you.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park is home to some of the most iconic hiking trails in the country, including Clingmans Dome, the highest peak in Tennessee, and Laurel Falls, one of the most popular waterfalls in the park. In the winter, the park is less crowded and offers stunning views of the snow-capped mountains.
- Radnor Lake State Park is located just outside of Nashville and offers a variety of hiking trails, including some that lead to the lake. In the winter, the park is a popular spot for birdwatching and wildlife viewing.
Looking to plan your next hike while on assignment this winter? We have many jobs to choose from in the states listed above. Check out these assignments:
Take advantage of our job board to find opportunities like these to keep you hiking this winter. Happy hiking!
Our job board is a great place to search for your next travel nurse assignment. We have you covered with our housing page if housing is an issue. You can search for what you are looking for.