We’re looking for Oncology RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Atlanta, GA. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As an Oncology RN, you’ll provide top-level care for critically or chronically ill cancer patients. Under direction from a physician, you may administer chemotherapy, implement new methods of symptom treatment, and monitor patients’ progress. Oncology Travel Nurses are crucial in creating a supportive care environment. A large portion of this important job is educating cancer patients about treatment options and procedures.
As an Oncology Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate treatment plans.
- Provide patient education and treatment tracking.
- Be a reliable source of comfort and support for cancer patients and their families.
- Attend to a great number of details while working under pressure.
- Implement best practice treatment protocols in a variety of settings.
Oncology Travel Nurses should be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as bend, lean and stoop without difficulty. RNs should be able to easily lift 20 pounds. Moving or lifting of patients may require lifting of up to 50 pounds at times. Oncology RNs may face hazards from exposure to chemicals and infectious diseases.
Requirements*: BLS, NIH, CHEMO, 2 Years
* Additional certifications may be required before beginning an assignment.
Travel Nurse Across America Setting the Standard in Service! At Travel Nurse Across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying jobs in exciting locations across the country, but it’s our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated,… Learn more