We’re looking for Labor and Delivery RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Columbus, OH. The right RN should have 3 years’ recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
L&D Travel Nurses provide care and support for women before, during and after delivery of a baby. L&D RNs must ensure that the medical as well as emotional needs of their patients are met at all times throughout the birthing process. As an L&D RN, you’ll be responsible for assisting physicians when epidurals or pain medications are administered, episiotomies are performed, or when the patient requires preparation for a cesarean delivery.
As an L&D Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Stay with and monitor patient throughout labor.
- Monitor contractions and help patients with breathing techniques.
- Check cervix periodically to monitor progression/lack of dilation.
- Ensure beds are kept clean and dry; clean up bodily fluids expelled before and after birthing process.
- Aid physician with drapes, gloves, gowns, delivery instruments, etc.
- Immediate care of newborn.
OH license. 3 years exp. BLS NRP EFM certification (through NCC) Must be able to float between other women’s health departments (postpartum and high risk ob).
Travel Nurse Across America Setting the Standard in Service! At Travel Nurse across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying jobs in exciting locations across the country, but it’s our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated,… Learn more