Medical Edge Recruitment has an immediate opening for a RN (Registered Nurse) in Ithaca, NY
Specialty: MS (Med Surg)
Location: Ithaca, NY
Facility type: Hospital
Start Date: 2 weeks from hire
Type: 13 Week Contract
Shift/Hours: 12 hour shifts (Days, Nights Nights with rotating weekends)
- Assesses patients and families, whose needs range from uncomplicated to highly complex and quickly recognizes normal parameters, deviations and abnormalities in physical, emotional, developmental and behavioral status based on past clinical experience. Use a person-centered care approach in the development of care plans and in prioritizing nursing care to meet patient and family needs and creates a compassionate environment.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Plans for care of patients, demonstrating the ability to effectively prioritize both expected and unanticipated needs. Involves patients and families in establishing care goals.
- Demonstrates competence in the implementation of the technical skills required for the care of patients and families.
- Facilitates the linking of patients and families with other disciplines and services as needed.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care giving, and shows on going follow through in care delivery. Evaluation of care is reflective of the attainment of care goals. Demonstrates proficiency and compliance with established practices in clinical documentation.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills by making appropriate clinical decisions via collaboration with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, prioritizing both planned and unplanned events, and proactively addressing potential and actual problems.
- Demonstrates awareness of the value and relevance of research and evidence based practice in nursing. Practice can be identified as research based.
- Is self-directed in assuming responsibilities within the team and care delivery system.
- Assists peers and team members in acquiring department specific knowledge, skills and behaviors. Is recognized as a department resource for clinical practice and operational systems.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and hospital or regulatory standards.
- Assists others and provides leadership in implementing the standards of patient care.
- Assumes charge nurse role in areas where competency is completed for the role.
- Remains flexible and adaptive as needed for multiple environments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an RN.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience
- Current BLS certification.
- COVID VACCINATION IS MANDATORY but will accept exemptions
- Supervises LPNs, LVNs, graduate nurses, certified nursing assistants
Our providers are the heart and soul of Medical Edge Recruitment, and we are pleased to offer the following benefit package:
- Comprehensive health plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision and other ancillary benefit
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Travel & Housing Stipends
- Extensive Housing Network and Corporate discounts
- Rewards & Recognition program
- Dedicated Licensing & Compliance team
- 24/7 Team Support
About Medical Edge Recruitment
Whether you’re a new Travel Nurse or a seasoned pro, Medical Edge is the best agency to partner with you on your next assignment. Our dedicated recruitment team will work with you to find the highest paying assignments in your desired location and help you with the journey along the way.
In travel nursing, bigger does not always mean better. While we have an extensive network of job opportunities, our experienced team dedicated to making a personalized provider experience is our priority. There are a lot of moving parts in getting set up for a new assignment, but we take care of all the details along the way. We make the process as simple as possible so you can say yes to your next travel nurse adventure. Adventure awaits, let Medical Edge Recruitment show you where to go next!
Medical Edge Recruitment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
Medical Edge Recruitment is the premier travel nursing recruitment agency, specializing in providing top talent to clients in the healthcare industry. We connect clinical and allied providers to opportunities that are aligned with their personal and professional passions. Our focus is on connection and communication so our long-lasting relationships are… Learn more