13 week Med/Surg Neuro traveler needed for the day shift. We have 34 beds on neuro trauma We take care of med/surgical neuro trauma, CVA, Craniotomy and trauma patients. Surgical side has 27 beds. We take care of surgical patients (Gallbladder, ortho, bowel surgeries). The floor is fast paced. We concentrate on CICARE, response to call bells, and communication.
In accordance with the standards of care established by the State Board of Nursing, Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Directs and guides patient teaching and activities of ancillary personnel.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as established in unit standards including, patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and takes action to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Makes assignments in collaboration with other team members.
- Directs and alters assignments in response to changes in patient situations.
- Promotes teamwork by delegating tasks to team members based on skill, expertise, time availability, acuity, and needs of the patient.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and system specific metrics.
- Supports and participates in initiatives that support the Magnet mission.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and organizational quality and safety.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Basic Life Support Certification – American Heart Association (AHA), Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) – RN_State of Pennsylvania
Clinical Skills, Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Organizational Skills, Preceptor Skills, Team Player
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family