Travel Nurse Q & A - The Gypsy Nurse

Stay Connected. Sign Up Today

Select list(s) to subscribe to

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: The Gypsy Nurse, PO BOX 5052 , Pompano Beach, FL, 33074, You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact

By The Gypsy Nurse Staff

May 23, 2018



Travel Nurse Q & A

The Gypsy Nurse strives to be your #1 source for Travel Nursing Answers. For new and experienced travelers alike. Check here to see if your travel nurse question has already been answered.

Can I rent out my tax home?

The short answer is YES. However, there are additional considerations you should be aware of if you are attempting to use the tax home as a qualifier for ‘duplicated expenses’ for tax-free stipends. If you are receiving tax-free housing stipends you need to have a residence available for personal use in the area of your tax home. Once you have rented out your house, it is no longer your residence, but a business property. READ MORE

Will my travel nurse agency pay for my certification renewals?

Unfortunately, as a travel nurse; you will generally be responsible for maintaining all of your certifications.  Occasionally, you will find a staffing agency that will assist with these costs but it isn’t the norm in the industry.

Join The Gypsy Nurse Nation

Discover new jobs, subscribe to customized job alerts and unlock unlimited resources for FREE.

Join our travel nursing community today!