We’re looking for Labor and Delivery RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Silver Spring, MD. The right RN should have 3 years’ recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
L&D Travel Nurses provide care and support for women before, during and after delivery of a baby. L&D RNs must ensure that the medical as well as emotional needs of their patients are met at all times throughout the birthing process. As an L&D RN, you’ll be responsible for assisting physicians when epidurals or pain medications are administered, episiotomies are performed, or when the patient requires preparation for a cesarean delivery.
As an L&D Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Stay with and monitor patient throughout labor.
- Monitor contractions and help patients with breathing techniques.
- Check cervix periodically to monitor progression/lack of dilation.
- Ensure beds are kept clean and dry; clean up bodily fluids expelled before and after birthing process.
- Aid physician with drapes, gloves, gowns, delivery instruments, etc.
- Immediate care of newborn.
High Risk L&D – Certs required: BLS, ACLS, EFM. Experience required: 2 Years.
Travel Nurse Across America Setting the Standard in Service! At Travel Nurse across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying jobs in exciting locations across the country, but it’s our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated,… Learn more