We’re looking for Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Hartford, CT. The right RN should have 1-2 years’ recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a CVICU Travel Nurse, you will work with a diverse team of caregivers to administer care to patients following specialized procedures including open-heart surgery and heart transplants. Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RNs should have experience and skill caring for patients in a fast-paced, urgent and critical care environment.
As a CVICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide critical care to patients with potentially life-threatening heart conditions.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications.
- Take samples for diagnostic tests; order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests.
- Apply hemodynamic, phlebotomy and IV protocols.
- Be called in for emergencies to provide CPR and operate defibrillators hospital-wide.
- Educate patients and family members on how to manage recovery at home.
Requirements*: ACLS, BLS, 2 Years
* Additional certifications may be required before beginning an assignment.
Travel Nurse Across America Setting the Standard in Service! At Travel Nurse Across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying jobs in exciting locations across the country, but it’s our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated,… Learn more