Updated: August 24, 2020
Data Privacy Legislation. It is The Gypsy Nurse’s policy to comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data.
Third-Party Websites. The Gypsy Nurse website contains links to other web sites over which we have no control. The Gypsy Nurse is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
We also do not control the data use practices of either (a) employers or others who may access your information on this site, or (b) third parties with whom you may share your information via the Services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and opt-out choices of those third parties so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Children and Minors. Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our Services.
Please read this policy and send us questions, concerns and suggestions at: email@example.com
Here are the main types of information collected on The Gypsy Nurse:
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of personal information that we collect, depending on the services you use and local law, are:
- Your name
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Contact information
o Current Geolocation and IP address
- Professional or employment-related information included on your resume if you submit your resume to us
- Education information included on your resume if you submit your resume to us
o Future Assignments
Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so.
Demographic information is information that is not unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics, such as your ZIP code or postal code, age, preferences, gender, race or ethnicity, occupation, specialties, career history, interests and favorites.
We also collect behavioral information regarding how you use our Services and mobile applications, the areas of our website that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geolocation, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by The Gypsy Nurse. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by The Gypsy Nurse for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of The Gypsy Nurse website.
We may also collect indirect information about you. For example, if you provide a title of ‘Mrs.’ we will assume you are female.
Information about yourself that you share. This is the information that other users see about you. This includes your profile and your contributions to discussions on The Gypsy Nurse pages and other community features The Gypsy Nurse may offer. You have control over what you share, and you can update information at any time.
Communication. We help you communicate with other users. Some of this is one-to-one, some of it is in groups, and some of it is public discussion. You decide how much or how little you wish to communicate to individuals or groups.
Of course, maintaining your trust is our top concern, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
• We do not rent, sell, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as otherwise described in this policy or as required by law.
• We do not share any information you have not chosen to display on your The Gypsy Nurse profile to other parties, unless compelled by law, or as necessary to enforce our User Agreement or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of The Gypsy Nurse, its users, and the public.
• All information that you provide will be protected with using appropriate protocols and technology in accordance with our security policies and controls.
- Customer Service. We collect information when you interact with The Gypsy Nurse’s customer service personnel in order to accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of our terms.
- Using The Gypsy Nurse Site and Applications. We receive information when you interact with and use The Gypsy Nurse website, The Gypsy Nurse Applications (e.g. The Gypsy Nurse for iPhone, Android, etc.), and The Gypsy Nurse platform technology.
- Using Third-Party Services and Visiting Third-Party Sites. We receive information when you use your The Gypsy Nurse account to log in or authenticate to a third-party website or application. Also, if you are logged into The Gypsy Nurse and visit a third-party site that embeds The Gypsy Nurse professional plugins, like “Share on The Gypsy Nurse” for web publishers, The Gypsy Nurse will receive information that those pages have loaded in your web browser. The Gypsy Nurse will use this information to personalize The Gypsy Nurse-provided functionality, including providing you insights from you’re The Gypsy Nurse network, allowing you to share information with your network, enabling you to use The Gypsy Nurse functionality off The Gypsy Nurse site and serving you more relevant advertising.
- Rights to Access, Correct and Eliminate Information About You You have a right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data you supplied to The Gypsy Nurse. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy. You may request deletion of your information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note, however that information you have shared with others, or that other users have copied, may also remain visible even if you request its deletion.
- Data Retention The Gypsy Nurse will retain your information for so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce this Agreement.
- Uses of Information Collected.
- Generally, The Gypsy Nurse collects and uses your personal information to operate The Gypsy Nurse website and deliver the services you have requested. The Gypsy Nurse also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you via email newsletter or other means of direct communication of other products or services available from The Gypsy Nurse and its affiliates. The Gypsy Nurse may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. At no time will your information be shared with travel nurse agencies for purchase, other than those agencies you have applied directly to on The Gypsy Nurse website or agencies we are providing web beacons for use in advertising as described above in Section 3(G). The Gypsy Nurse does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent. The Gypsy Nurse keeps track of the websites and pages our Users visit within The Gypsy Nurse website, in order to determine which of our services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within The Gypsy Nurse website as well as on the world-wide web to our Users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- The Gypsy Nurse Communications We will communicate with you through email, notices posted on The Gypsy Nurse website, or through other means available through the service, including mobile text messages. We send all new members a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members will occasionally receive newsletters, information on products and services. We may send you a series of emails that help inform new users about the features of the Services, and we will also send you service messages relating to the functioning of the Services. We may also send you messages with promotional information directly or on behalf of our partners, unless you have opted out of receiving promotional information. Out of respect for the privacy of our members we offer the option to not receive these types of communications. You can change your e-mail and contact preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing our settings related to your email notification choices. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from The Gypsy Nurse. Also, if we send communications to you via the carrier service with which you have a mobile communications subscription or otherwise have access, you understand you will pay any service fees associated with your receipt of messages on your mobile device (including text messaging charges).
- User Communications Communications you initiate through The Gypsy Nurse to agencies or by applying to a job will list your primary email address, name and phone number in the message. Messages you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your network (for instance how many people are in your network), but will not list the people to whom you’re directly connected. If your profile is set to “private” other communications that you initiate through The Gypsy Nurse website, like a friend request, will list your username as the initiator but will not include your personal email address or contact information until you are connected or adjust your settings to “public”. Your contact information will only be shared with another user if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other.
- Customized Content We use information you provide to us (or to third parties with whom The Gypsy Nurse offers combined services) to customize your experience on our website. This may include re marketing campaigns targeted to meet your user profile and history on The Gypsy Nurse website and outside of the platform itself on the world-wide web.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties The Gypsy Nurse takes the privacy of our users very seriously, and we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as otherwise described in this policy. Further, except as otherwise described in this policy, we will not share other personal information not published to your profile or generated through engagement with other The Gypsy Nurse services without your explicit consent or to carry out your instructions unless, disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to: (1) comply with legal process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this Agreement; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third party is a user, individual, or government agency; (4) respond to customer service inquiries; or (5) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of The Gypsy Nurse, our Users or the public. Content distributed through The Gypsy Nurse’s sharing features and third party integrations may result in displaying some of your information outside of The Gypsy Nurse. For example, when you post content to a The Gypsy Nurse page that is open for public discussion, your content, including your username as the contributor, may be displayed in search engine results. Or, if you have bound your The Gypsy Nurse account to your Twitter or other social media account, you can easily share content into both The Gypsy Nurse as well as to additional accounts. We may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on The Gypsy Nurse.
- Answers, Groups, and other Services If you post reviews or make comments on The Gypsy Nurse pages, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, as well as other third parties, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. The Gypsy Nurse is not responsible for the information you choose to submit. Also, some content in The Gypsy Nurse may be public and searchable on the internet. You can delete your posts at any time. However, please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by others, and The Gypsy Nurse cannot guarantee that others have not made copies of or use the ideas and information that you share with others on The Gypsy Nurse.
- Testimonials and Advertisements Placed through The Gypsy Nurse Ads Service If you provide any testimonials about The Gypsy Nurse Services or place advertisements via The Gypsy Nurse, we may post those testimonials and examples of advertisements you place in connection with our promotion of these services to third parties. Testimonials and advertisements may include your name and other personal information that you have provided.
- Compliance with Legal Process It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information and/or information about your activities as a The Gypsy Nurse user when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if The Gypsy Nurse has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (a) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) to enforce the User Agreement, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of The Gypsy Nurse, our users, employees, or others.
- Ownership; Disclosures to Others as the Result of a Change in Control or Sale of The Gypsy Nurse. The Gypsy Nurse is the sole owner of the information collected via the Services. The Gypsy Nurse places a significant value on the information compiled about our registered visitors and members. This information is essential to the operation of our company and constitutes a corporate asset of substantial value. We may also disclose your personal information and other information you provide to another third party as part of a sale of the assets, business or equity securities of The Gypsy Nurse or its affiliates, or as the result of a change in control of The Gypsy Nurse or its affiliates. Any third party to which The Gypsy Nurse or its affiliates transfers or sells The Gypsy Nurse’s assets, business or equity securities, or which acquires The Gypsy Nurse business through a change of control, will have the right to continue to use information that you provide to us.
- Your Information Choices
- Generally Your information choices include the following:
Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal information (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide services to you).
Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal information through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal information and can ask for a copy of personal information you provided in machine readable form.
- Accessing and Changing Your Account Information You can review the personal information you provided to us and make any desired changes to the information you publish, or to the settings for your The Gypsy Nurse account including your email and contact preferences, at any time by logging into your account on The Gypsy Nurse website. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, The Gypsy Nurse may, for a time, retain residual information about you in its backup and/or archival copies of its database. However, please be aware that to the extent we have shared your information with a third party as described above under “Sharing Information with Third Parties When You Respond to a Job Posting” we are not able to access, edit or remove information maintained by the third party and we have no contractual right to demand that they do so or that they provide you with access to such information. We will endeavor to notify such third parties at your request, but we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties and the privacy policies of such third parties will apply to how they collect and use your information. You will need to contact the third party directly to unsubscribe from their communications and to request that they edit or remove your information or provide you with access to your information.
- Default Settings Because users may use and interact with The Gypsy Nurse in a variety of ways, and because those uses may change over time, we designed our settings to provide our users granular control over the information they share. We encourage our users to review their account settings and adjust them in accordance with their preferences. The Gypsy Nurse accounts are also defaulted to allow users to be contacted to participate in polls, surveys and partner advertising.
- Closing Your Account You can close your account through your account settings at The Gypsy Nurse. If you close your The Gypsy Nurse account, we will remove your name and other personally identifiable information from our publicly view able database. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain data contributed by you if The Gypsy Nurse believes it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. The Gypsy Nurse may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the Services to other users. For example other information you have shared with others, or that other users have copied, may also remain visible. The Gypsy Nurse disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information. The Gypsy Nurse does not control when search engines update their cache, which may contain certain public profile information that has since been removed from The Gypsy Nurse’s publicly viewable database.
The Gypsy Nurse secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure using appropriate data security policies and controls. Since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to The Gypsy Nurse. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other users of The Gypsy Nurse are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
How to contact us
California Privacy Rights Disclosures
When we use the term “personal information” in these CA Disclosures, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
For the purposes of these CA Disclosures, personal information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records.
• Deidentified, aggregated or anonymized data (not capable of being associated with or linked to you).
• Information relating to our job applicants, employees, contractors and other personnel, which is not governed by these CA Disclosures.
• Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as: (i) Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; (ii) Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the Personal Information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
The Right to Know
You have the right to request any or all of the following information relating to the personal information we have collected about you or disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
• The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
• The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
• The categories of sources of the personal information we have collected about you;
• The categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
• The categories of personal information we have sold about you (if any), and the categories of third parties to whom this information was sold; and
• The business or commercial purposes for collecting or, if applicable, selling personal information about you.
The Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request the deletion of personal information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
The Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales
You have the right to direct us not to sell personal information we have collected about you to third parties now or in the future.
If you are under the age of 16, you have the right to opt-in, or to have a parent or guardian opt-in on your behalf, to such sales.
If you do not wish us to sell your personal information, please notify us at the following link where you can opt-out of having your information sold.
The Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of the rights described above.
However, please note that if the exercise of the rights described above limits our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products or services or engage with you in the same manner.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Sale of Personal Information
We do not “sell” personal information as most people would typically understand that term. However, we:
– make available names, phone numbers and email addresses of job applicants as part of our for-fee services to our clients (e.g. marketers, hiring agencies, employers, and others); and
– allow certain third-party partners and providers to collect information about our website visitors directly through our services for purposes of analyzing and optimizing our services and ads, providing content and ads that are more relevant, measuring statistics and the success of ad campaigns, and for our other internal business purposes.
How to Exercise Your California Privacy Rights
To Exercise Your Right to Know or Right to Deletion
You may request that we:
- disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request: the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected about you and the categories of personal information we sold; the categories of sources from which we collected such personal information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information about you; and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or otherwise disclosed personal information.
- delete personal information we collected from you; or
- opt-out of any future sale of personal information about you.
To exercise your right to know and/or right to deletion, please submit a request by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “California Rights Request”.
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request. In order to verify your identity, we will generally require the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. Although we try to limit the personal information collected in connection with a request to exercise the right to know and/or the right to deletion to that personal, certain requests may require us to obtain additional personal information from you. In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the right to know and/or right to deletion, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity.
To Exercise Your Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales
If you wish to opt-out please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and including “personal information request” in the subject line of the email.
Updates to These CA Disclosures
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to email@example.com.