Medical Edge Recruitment has an immediate opening for a Special Education Teacher
Specialty: Special Education
Location: Kansas City, KS
Facility type: School
Pay rate: $42
Start Date: 2 weeks after hire
Assignment Type: Contract
Shift/Hours: 8 hour shifts
- To advocate for the rights of students with special needs.
- To develop and maintain a positive professional working relationship with student, parents, teachers, administrators and other service providers.
- To be responsible for planning instructional programs for the classroom. This includes, but is not limited to, individual plans as outlined on students’ Individual Education Programs.
- To serve as a liaison between the school and the community.
- Establish I.E.P./annual review meetings, affording parents’ and student’s right to input and notifying all service providers per local guidelines.
- To serve as an active member on the I.E.P. team for students, served yet not on the caseload.
- Develop and maintain all I.E.P.’s in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines.
- Maintain close communication with mainstream teachers and other service providers,
- keeping them fully informed of student progress.
- To carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the building administrator or special education administrator.
- Perform additional duties which will provide a positive role model for the student to follow
- both in the classroom and outside of the classroom setting.
- Evaluate student performance by performing diagnostic testing necessary in preparing for annual reviews and eligibility staffings, as well as quarterly updates on the I.E.P.
- Monitor student progress in mainstreamed classes.
- Assist in establishing class schedules.
- Supervise, evaluate and help train paraprofessionals as assigned.
- Request equipment and supplies as necessary to meet objectives as outlined on individual student’s I.E.P.s
- Demonstrate curriculum knowledge and teaching strategies.
- Implement behavioral intervention plans, as necessary
- To be responsible for other duties deemed necessary and appropriate as outlined in federal, state and local guidelines and students’ Individual Educational Program.
- Ability to work a full duty day in the location or locations assigned by the supervisor.
- Physical and emotional ability to perform required work and move about as needed in the fast-paced, highly intensive school environment.
- Meet the employment qualifications set forth by the Kansas City, Kansas Board of Education and the Kansas State Department of Education.
- Hold or be eligible for Kansas certification appropriate for the position
- Must be tolerant and understanding of students with special needs.
- Show initiative, creativity, self-motivation and good judgment.
- Demonstrate good judgment, adaptability and flexibility.
- Respect confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional judgment, oral and written communication
- Be efficient and organized in “paper management”
Medical Edge Recruitment is the premier travel nursing recruitment agency, specializing in providing top talent to clients in the healthcare industry. We connect clinical and allied providers to opportunities that are aligned with their personal and professional passions. Our focus is on connection and communication so our long-lasting relationships are… Learn more