Medical Edge Recruitment has an immediate opening for a RN (Registered Nurse).
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Facility type: Psychiatric Hospital
Pay Rate: $54
Shift/Hours: 8 -12 hour shifts
- Administer and document medication as ordered by the physician in the correctional setting.
- Conduct health screenings during sick call using approved standing orders or making appropriate MD referrals.
- Document all health care rendered on medical records..
- Assist in planning and coordination of nursing services required to meet the total health care needs of the patient.
- Transcribe all MD orders from medical records.
- Transfer medical records with appropriate documentation and medication at time of inmate transfer.
- Perform clinical treatments & procedures using universal precautions in all areas of practice.
- Maintain 40 hours of in-service education per year, including mandatory in-services and CPR certification.
- Provide emergency treatment to inmates and employees.
- Participate in employee health issues as directed, i.e., TB screening, Hepatitis B injections, flu injections, and post exposure assessment.
- Participate in chronic disease clinics.
- Collaborate with other correctional professionals to assure social, psychological and security needs of inmates are met.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an RN.
- Current CPR certification.
- COVID VACCINATION MANDATORY
- Supervises LPNs, LVNs, graduate nurses, certified nursing assistants
Our providers are the heart and soul of Medical Edge Recruitment, and we are pleased to offer the following benefit package:
Comprehensive health plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision and other ancillary benefits
Weekly Direct Deposit
Travel & Housing Stipends
Extensive Housing Network and Corporate discounts
Rewards & Recognition program
Dedicated Licensing & Compliance team
24/7 Team Support
About Medical Edge Recruitment
Whether you’re a new Travel Nurse or a seasoned pro, Medical Edge is the best agency to partner with you on your next assignment. Our dedicated recruitment team will work with you to find the highest paying assignments in your desired location and help you with the journey along the way.
In travel nursing, bigger does not always mean better. While we have an extensive network of job opportunities, our experienced team dedicated to making a personalized provider experience is our priority. There are a lot of moving parts in getting set up for a new assignment, but we take care of all the details along the way. We make the process as simple as possible so you can say yes to your next travel nurse adventure. Adventure awaits, let Medical Edge Recruitment show you where to go next!
Medical Edge Recruitment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Medical Edge Recruitment is the premier travel nursing recruitment agency, specializing in providing top talent to clients in the healthcare industry. We connect clinical and allied providers to opportunities that are aligned with their personal and professional passions. Our focus is on connection and communication so our long-lasting relationships are… Learn more