We’re looking for Psychiatric Nurses for an immediate travel nurse opening in Rapid City, SD. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent psychiatric nursing experience. Read below for more requirements. As a Psychiatric nurse, you’ll work under general supervision to provide professional nursing care for those with emotional disturbances or mental illnesses in Behavioral Health and Recovery Services. The Psychiatric Nurse also collaborates with clinical and case management staff to coordinate care and assist in patient treatment planning.
As a Psychiatric Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Conduct intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history, and complete physical and mental health assessments
- Observe and report patient behavioral changes. Assist patients in understanding the nature of emotional disturbances and accepting the need for treatment.
- Document all patient information on medical charts and follow physician’s written orders while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Plan nursing care for patients by providing nursing diagnosis of the medical and emotional status of patients and recommending treatment options.
- Consult with psychiatrists and other behavioral health staff in designing appropriate treatment plans for patients.
- Administer and record reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications, arranging further medical attention when necessary.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients. Test for pain vital signs and ensure appropriate pain treatment is administered.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations and laboratory results according to standard medical recordkeeping.
- Perform administrative assignments such as filing, answering phones, typing, and completing electronic progress notes.
Requirements*: BLS, 2 Years
* Additional certifications may be required before beginning an assignment.
Travel Nurse Across America Setting the Standard in Service! At Travel Nurse Across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying jobs in exciting locations across the country, but it’s our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated,… Learn more