We’re looking for Medical Surgical RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Des Moines, IA. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a MedSurg RN, you will conduct patient assessments and prioritize data collection based on patients’ immediate conditions or needs. MedSurg RNs perform ongoing assessments and appropriate treatments as ordered by a physician. Documenting patient findings and providing education and support to patients’ families is essential to this travel nurse position.
As a Medical Surgical Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide bedside care for a variety of patients, including pre- and post-op patients.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Change dressings, insert catheters and start IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Participates in discharge planning and initiates patient education plan as prescribed by physician.
Certs required: BLSExperience required: 2 YearsActive IA or compact license
Travel Nurse Across America Setting the Standard in Service! At Travel Nurse Across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying jobs in exciting locations across the country, but it’s our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated,… Learn more