We’re looking for Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Charleston, WV. The right nurse should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you’ll be responsible for evaluating and monitoring patients in an Intensive Care Unit setting. ICU RNs provide the most direct care to patients in life-threatening situations, documenting and providing physician-directed care, assessing and implementing patient care plans, and delegating to other care providers as appropriate. As an ICU RN you will also be providing education and support to patient families, possibly for long-term care needs.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide basic bedside care.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Order and evaluate diagnostic tests.
- Take samples for lab work, order corresponding lab work and interpret reports.
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment, and interpret and record electronic displays.
- Ensure proper placement and functioning of catheters, leads and tubing.
- Communicate patients’ conditions to family members.
Critically ill medical patients with various diagnoses. Neurological, orthopedic, psychiatric and renal emergencies. Shift Info: Day (12 Hours) 7:00 19:00
Travel Nurse Across America Setting the Standard in Service! At Travel Nurse across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying jobs in exciting locations across the country, but it’s our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated,… Learn more