We’re looking for Cardiovascular Operating Room RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Birmingham, AL. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a CVOR RN, you’ll be responsible for providing professional CVOR care services to support a team of physicians, RNs and other medical staff. Our CVOR Travel Nurses demonstrate advanced clinical expertise in circulating and scrubbing for a variety of cardiothoracic surgical procedures and other complex surgeries.
As a CVOR Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Assess, plan and evaluate the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Participate in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Administer prescribed medications, apply dressings, monitor vital signs.
- Assist physician during procedures.
- Maintain aseptic techniques and actively monitor situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinate the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensure the proper handling of specimens.
Certs required: ACLS, BLS; active AL or compact license. Experience required: 2 Years. Must be willing to float.
Travel Nurse Across America Setting the Standard in Service! At Travel Nurse Across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying jobs in exciting locations across the country, but it’s our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated,… Learn more