Staffmax Healthcare ;is seeking a ;Permanent Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) / Medical Assistant (MA) ;for a ;Clinic ;in ;Golden Valley, MN ;starting two weeks after offer
- Hourly Range: $20.00 – $26.00 (based on years of experience)
- Salary Range: $41,600 – $54,080
- High School graduate or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required, on the job experience or training, and participation in a registration program conducted by an accredited by a national health services organization, such as American Medical Technologists, and passing the credentialing exam.
- Medical Assistant certification
- Previous experience in a clinical setting
- Passed x-ray operator’s examination or willing to take exam according to individual clinic needs.
- Current BLS Certification
The ;Certified Medical Assistant at Golden Valley Clinic ;will manage the customer flow throughout the clinic and assist providers in the management and treatment of their customers. Customers come from a variety of backgrounds and various age groups requiring individualized care including infants, children, adolescents, adults, or geriatrics. The focus of the Medical Assistant is on collaborative, supportive and delegated tasks as described in the Blaze Health Medical Assistant scope of practice. Delegable tasks and competencies are specific to the role of the Supervising Nurse and Supervising Provider and are described by the Minnesota Board of Nursing and the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice. The Medical Assistant receives direction and collaborates with the Clinic Supervisor, Clinic Manager, and Providers to meet the defined goals of the customer, shift, department and organization. Communication with the health care team related to progress, concerns, questions or problems that arise are an essential element of the Medical Assistant role.
The Medical Assistant will perform clinical and clerical tasks to assist with the management of customer flow throughout the clinic. Tasks include standard rooming processes, giving immunizations, injections, and other medications as directed by the provider; and performing laboratory specimen collection as needed. Dependent upon the specialty and clinic location, the Medical Assistant also may:
- Provide telephone support
- Facilitate communication between customers and providers
- Assist with prescription refills
- Perform x-ray duties as assigned if individual has passed the x-ray operator exam
- Perform phlebotomy duties
- Perform clinic laboratory tests
The Medical Assistant also may provide support to the clinic:
- Front desk/check-in support
- Ordering and stocking supplies
- Assistance with prior authorizations
- The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the NMH Medical Assistant scope of Practice.
- Additional skills requiring competency evaluation are defined by Blaze Health and dependent on clinic.
- The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
- Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
- The Medical Assistant takes direction from the Physician, Provider, Registered Nurse, Clinic Supervisor and Clinic Manager.
- Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer- and/or team member-related information as needed to perform job duties.
- Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
- Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting, and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
Our ;HEALTHCARE ;recruiters at ;STAFFMAX.COM ;are licensed ;RN’s ;with years of experience ready to assist you with your career changes. ;Please contact us today ;if you are interested in permanent or travel positions throughout the United States.
Don’t forget to download the ;Staffmax Healthcare App, ;from any app store, or go to ;STAFFMAX.COM ;to see all our current jobs. Tell your friends and family about us as well.
We have Travel and Permanent Job Placements for nurses and allied professionals as well as Locums and Physicians. Where do you want to go? Let us know as we are here for your next adventure. Staffmax Benefits Available to Travelers • STAFFMAX Recruiters are RN’s with many years of experience… Learn more