POSITION SUMMARY:– The
registered nurse plans and provides professional nursing care to the patient
from admission to discharge.– He/She
coordinates care with other disciplines, consults with the family or
significant others and collaborates with the physician on the patients
behalf.– The RN assesses, implements and
evaluates nursing care.– The RN is
responsible for supervision of PCTs and–
Support Associates.– The OB Staff
Nurse specializes in the care of antepartal, intrapartal, and postpartal
patients, newborns, and their families.
reflects managements assignment of essential functions.– It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
year acute care nursing experience.–
Prior OB experience preferred.
Current license as a Registered Nurse from the State of Iowa required.
- Understands and is able to apply the nursing process while meeting
established Nursing Standards.
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral
instructions in English.
- The OB Staff Nurse maintains well developed skills for assessing
the physical and psychosocial needs of expectant parents, families and
- Maintains BCLS certification at health care provider level.
- Completion of ACLS and NRP required within six months of
- Basic fetal monitoring course within six months of employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meets all requirements of Medical/Surgical/Pediatric Staff Nurse
- Assesses antepartal, intrapartal, and postpartal patients for risk
factors, normal progress, and symptoms of problems.
- Demonstrates appropriate management of the normal newborn.
- Uses respectful family dynamics and processes in providing
individualized patient care.
- Appropriately assesses and follows up on fetal heart rate
- Manages obstetrical emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
- Uses the computer system, documentation and orders, efficiently.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Demonstrates appropriate attitude and interest in work by
maintaining acceptable work habits and behaviors.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
EQUIPMENT USED: General nursing equipment such as, but not
limited to, catheters, Accuchek, dressing cart, suction machine, oxygen
equipment, IV tubing, IV bags, thermometers, sphygmomanometers, wheelchairs,
scales, commodes, roller boards, Hoyer lift, IV poles, IV infusion pumps,
restraints, beds, PCA pumps, telephone, intercom, fax, charts, computers, paper
supplies.– Escort Monitor, Fetal Monitor,
Vacuum extractor, infant warmer stations, bili light, isolette, Code Alert
monitoring, I- Pump for Epidural Infusions and Ultrasound.
Indiana Healthcare solutions LLC D/B/A Ink staffing is a healthcare staffing company founded by healthcare providers with decades of experience in direct patient care. We provide services in several states across the country. We specialize in Travel nursing and allied healthcare. our mission is to . to provide exceptional healthcare… Learn more