We have an immediate opening for reliable CNAs (Certified Nursing Assistant) for PRN and Contract opportunities in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Performs basic nursing care skills, i.e., vital signs, oxygen saturations, peak flow readings, assist with daily living skills, ROM exercise and documentation in medical record.
- Observes patients to assist in identifying symptoms of physical or mental illness and report observations to MD or nurse.
- Assist in the collection and proper handling of laboratory specimens.
- Assist MD, i.e., physical exams, diagnostic procedures, etc. Provides assistance to attending physicians and nurses.
- Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for inmates as prescribed by the physician in accordance with established policies and procedures of the SCDC.
- Observes, records and reports to the Staff Nurse symptoms and conditions of inmates that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects.
- Administers medication to inmates as directed by the HCA, Head Nurse, and/or designee.
** COVID VACCINATION MANDATORY but will accept a Waiver
State of South Carolina minimum requirements
High school diploma or GED and experience as a nursing assistant. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements
- A high school diploma or GED. Current certification as a nursing assistant in the state of South Carolina at time of application.
- Must successfully complete specialized medication administration training through the SCDC Training Academy within 30 days of hire.
Our providers are the heart and soul of Medical Edge Recruitment, and we are pleased to offer the following benefit package:
- Comprehensive health plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision and other ancillary benefits
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Travel & Housing Stipends
- Extensive Housing Network and Corporate discounts
- Rewards & Recognition program
- Dedicated Licensing & Compliance team
- 24/7 Team Support
About Medical Edge Recruitment
Whether you’re a new Travel Nurse or a seasoned pro, Medical Edge is the best agency to partner with you on your next assignment. Our dedicated recruitment team will work with you to find the highest paying assignments in your desired location and help you with the journey along the way.
In travel nursing, bigger does not always mean better. While we have an extensive network of job opportunities, our experienced team dedicated to making a personalized provider experience is our priority. There are a lot of moving parts in getting set up for a new assignment, but we take care of all the details along the way. We make the process as simple as possible so you can say yes to your next travel nurse adventure. Adventure awaits, let Medical Edge Recruitment show you where to go next!
Medical Edge Recruitment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Medical Edge Recruitment is the premier travel nursing recruitment agency, specializing in providing top talent to clients in the healthcare industry. We connect clinical and allied providers to opportunities that are aligned with their personal and professional passions. Our focus is on connection and communication so our long-lasting relationships are… Learn more