- This event has passed.
Chronic Disease Management: What Every Nurse Should Know (Session II)
March 26 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pmFree – $125
Session I March 12, 2020. Session I will address nursing care to patients diagnosed with Neurological and Endocrine Issues. Please see https://www.eventbrite.com/e/chronic-disease-management-what-every-nurse-should-know-session-i-tickets-64992633717 for more information.
Chronic Diseases are becoming more prevalent with the documented risk factors increasing over the past decade. The acuity of the patients being admitted for chronic disease is at an all-time high. Nursing care is becoming more complex. Nurses are at the forefront of both the prevention and management of many of the chronic diseases utilizing the latest evidence and best practices. The role of Telemedicine will also be addressed in the care of these patients.
Upon completion of this activity the participants will be able to:
- Integrate emerging trends into the nursing management of cardiovascular disorders.
- Develop a plan of care based on recent developments in cardiovascular disorders.
- Analyze the latest advancements in evidence-based research in providing nursing care to patients with cardiovascular disorders.
- Analyze issues related to patient care with the renal patient.
- Outline nursing care needed for patients experiencing renal disorders.
- Specify the current guidelines and best practices in the nursing care of the patient with respiratory disorders.
- Differentiate pulmonary disorders and explain how these disorders are managed with advancements in delivery of nursing care.
- Outline the current guidelines and practices in the nurses’ role in rehabilitation of the disorders that affect the pulmonary system.
The target audience is registered nurses.
$10 LATE FEE IF NOT REGISTERED BY MARCH 19, 2020