- This event has passed.
Chronic Disease Management: What Every Nurse Should Know (SESSION I)
March 12 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$25 – $135
Session I will address nursing care to patients diagnosed with Neurological and Endocrine Issues.
Session II, held on March 26, 2020, will address nursing care to patients diagnosed with Cardiac, Renal and Respiratory Issues. Please see https://www.eventbrite.com/e/chronic-disease-management-what-every-nurse-should-know-session-ii-tickets-64994045941 for more information.
Chronic Diseases are becoming more prevalent with the documented risk factors increasing over the past decade. The acuity of the patients being admitted for chronic disease is at an all-time high. Nursing care is becoming more complex. Nurses are at the forefront of both the prevention and management of many of the chronic diseases utilizing the latest evidence and best practices. The role of Telemedicine will also be addressed in the care of these patients.
Upon completion of this activity the participants will be able to:
- Differentiate the neurological disorders and explain how these disorders are managed with advancements in delivery of nursing care.
- Outline the current guidelines and practices in the nurses’ role in rehabilitation of the disorders that affect the neurological system.
- Examine the current best practices for providing nursing care to patients with endocrine disorders.
- Specify the latest evidence in relation to treatment options utilized for managing endocrine disorders.
- Compile a list of common complications associated with endocrine disorders and the nursing role in identifying and preventing these complications.
- Relate the use of telemedicine in the treatment of nursing care in chronic disease management.
The target audience is registered nurses.
$10 LATE FEE IF NOT REGISTERED BY FEBRUARY 27, 2020