3 Travel Nurse Housing Options
There are 3 travel nurse housing options to consider when asking the question Where am I going to live?
- Agency Provided Travel Nurse Housing
- Securing your own travel nurse housing with a ‘stipend’
- RV Travel Nurse housing
PART III: Travel Nurse Housing in RV
We’ve discussed company provided travel nurse housing. If you haven’t read this, I suggest that you take a look at it and read over the tax implications. In addition, we’ve also discussed Securing your own travel nurse housing with a ‘stipend’. In this article we are going to touch on Travel nurse housing in an RV.
The third option that many travel nurses choose, is to carry their home with them in the form of an RV. Using an RV Travel Nurse housing as an alternative has many advantages.
I’ll be brief on this because I’m not as well educated on RV living as I am with the previous two options. There are a lot of travel nurses that choose to take their homes with them and there are some distinct advantages to doing so.
- If you have a tax-home and are eligible for the tax-free perks, your travel nurse housing stipend can actually make both your lot rent payments as well as your RV payments. I have spoken to several travel nurses that have done that very thing.
- You only have to go through the riggers of packing once. To many, this in itself is reason enough to go through the trials of RV ownership.
- When you choose RV travel nurse housing and living in an RV park there are no outside chores to do. No lawn to cut. If the wind should blow down a tree or tree limb the park cleans up the mess. Oops a dog got into the trash…park managers job. Essentially the only upkeep you must maintain is the home itself.
- If you get tired of living in one spot or you just don’t like the neighbors you just crank up and move on.
- Many of your RV expenses can be deducted on taxes.
Resources for RV living
If your planning to explore this option, I would advise you to reach out to the RV communities both in your local area as well as online and do as much research as possible beforehand. There are a multitude of resources for RV living.
- Forums and Groups via Facebook, Yahoo, etc.
- Campground Directories with Reviews
- Personal Experience Blogs and Websites
- RV specific Auto Clubs
- A Travel Nurse on Assignment In An RV
- RV Travel Nurse Housing: Choosing the Right RV
- Travel Nurse in an RV: Amenities
Travel Nurse Housing Options
READ PART I: Agency Provided Travel Nurse Housing
READ PART II: Securing your own travel nurse housing with a ‘stipend’