As we continue on our guide to travel nursing, you should pull out the notes from the previous step on why you want to travel.
The next step is to determine: What do you want/need out of Travel Nursing.
Wants might include:
- 12 or 8 hour shifts
- To work in a teaching or non-teaching facility
- To work in a small or a large hospital
- To be in a particular part of the country.
- To be located in a specific state
- The ability to pick up overtime.
- A guarantee of hours
- Insurance or other benefits
Needs might include:
- The ability to have your family/pet travel with you.
- A specific salary
- A specific shift
- Time off during contract dates for special event.
- Health Insurance
- Specific start date
There are many other wants/needs and these are individual to each traveler. It’s important for you to determine which ones of these are truly needs vs wants. I might want to start on September 1st but need to be finished with my contract by a certain date due to a family event in a different state than the contract. Do you want to be on the west coast or do you need to be in California because your daughter is having her first baby?
Start working on your personal want/need list; when your finished you can return to the the introduction, or move forward or back using the article links below.