I was recently in Memphis TN and sitting at breakfast reading the ‘menu’ at Blue Plate Cafe. The menu reads like a newspaper and listed the following Rules of Life. I found them fitting as rules for the Travel Nurse.
via: Blue Plate Cafe Memphis TN
- Wake up. Show up. Pay Attention.
- Be happy and have fun! (Life is a trip – enjoy the journey.)
- Learn, master, and play by the Rules.
- Get an education. (Knowledge and Wisdom are the key.)
- Work hard. Work smart. Never quit. (Nothing good comes easy.)
- The “Circle Theory” is in effect. (Integrity. Never lie, cheat or steal, especially yourself.)
- Know your weaknesses and overcome them. (Power is when you ask for help and use it.)
- Learn a trade, skill or profession you love and master it.
- Deadly Sins: Pride, Envy, Anger, Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Lust, Alcohol/Drugs, Doing wrong when you KNOW right.
- Don’t judge and Learn how to Forgive. (Surrender to win.)
- Never Sweat the Small Stuff. (Most of it IS small stuff.)
- Treat all with dignity and respect. (Especially yourself.)
- Acquire patience and serenity. (Learn to be still, be quiet, be at peace an meditate.)
- To thine own self be true.