Actual Charting Bloopers
- “She got my instructions messed up and cut out all exercise and increased her sweets.”
- “Following the exam of her breasts we discussed the impending nasal surgery.”
- Since she can’t get pregnant with her husband, I thought you might like to work her up.
- The dermatologist made a recommendation for treatment of her face which is not of a serious nature.
- He was eating his tray so I didn’t examine him.
- I will be happy to go into her GI system, she seems ready and anxious.
- The patient’s bladder was then emptied and sent to the postoperative recovery room in stable condition.
- The bugs that grew out of her urine were cultured in the Casualty and are not available. I WILL FIND THEM!!!
- May have lollipops orally.
- Discontinue precious insulin orders.
Do you have a blooper to share?
Owner at The Gypsy Nurse
As a travel nursing educator, Candy aka Gypsy Nurse, RN has worked in healthcare for nearly 20 years, working up the ranks from CNA to LPN to RN. For the past eight years, she’s worked as a travel nurse, allowing her to practice and live in 14 states throughout the U.S. She regularly shares advice for those interested in travel nurse jobs on her website at: www.thegypsynurse.com.
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- Travel Nurse Inspiration: Top of Mount Pisgah, Vermont - December 8, 2013
- Specialty Spotlight: High Risk OB RN - December 5, 2013
- What travel nursing means to me - December 4, 2013
- Weekly Nursing Vital Signs: December 2, 2013 - December 2, 2013
- Travel Nurse Inspiration: Brattleboro VT - December 1, 2013