Matt Bukirin, a NASM certified trainer wrote a recent post titled “Four Ways Nurses Can Overcome Health and Fitness Challenges” for nursetalksite.com.
As a nurse that finds it difficult to stay involved in a fitness routine, I found Matt’s article inspiring. With Matt’s permission, I have posted parts of the article below.
Matt addresses 4 common complaints in his article. I’ve summarized them here, but I encourage you to read the original article.
Matt states that by re-framing exercise and fitness as a real priority in your life, you will make time instead of trying to find time
- Make it a habit to exercise
- Prioritize fitness.
Spending energy in your workout helps give you more energy.
Difficulty getting back to a regular exercise routine
- Use your patients as inspiration.
Matt makes a good point when he states, I’m sure you must have seen numerous examples of individuals overcoming physical challenges and their fear of the unfamiliar. Use this motivation and a reminder that you too can do the same.
Buy a healthy snack like trail mix or nuts.
Make a protein shake or green smoothie.
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 19, 2013 - May 19, 2013
- Travel Nurse Inspiration in Photos: Downtown Nantucket - May 19, 2013
- Weekend Report: Travel Nurse Happenings for week ending May 18, 2013 - May 18, 2013
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 18, 2013 - May 18, 2013
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 17, 2013 - May 17, 2013