Laughter: The good heart medicine
Health experts now have proof that laughter is good medicine.
A good belly laugh can send 20% more blood flowing through your entire body. One study found that when people watched a funny movie, their blood flow increased. That’s why laughter might just be the perfect antidote to stress.
When you laugh, the lining of your blood vessel walls relaxes and expands, Krasuski says. So have a good giggle. Your heart will thank you.
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 21, 2013 - May 21, 2013
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 20, 2013 - May 20, 2013
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 19, 2013 - May 19, 2013
- Travel Nurse Inspiration in Photos: Downtown Nantucket - May 19, 2013
- Weekend Report: Travel Nurse Happenings for week ending May 18, 2013 - May 18, 2013