I’m not the most active person. At most, I will take a walk through the neighborhood, go swimming, short (and very slow) hiking, and the occasional bike ride. I do, however understand that keeping active and fit is important. How do you get moving when on contract?
The YMCA has a wonderful program called the AWAY program (Always Welcome At YMCA’s). The AWAY program is based on the philosophy that when a person enrolls in a YMCA, he or she becomes a member of a nationwide association of people who help build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. Therefore, when away from home, members on business or vacation, will be warmly welcomed by all other participating YMCAs in the United States.
If you’re a member of your home YMCA, be sure to inquire about their AWAY program.
Have you used the AWAY program? What were your experiences? Do you have other ways to stay fit and active on the road? Share them in the comments below.
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 20, 2013 - May 20, 2013
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 19, 2013 - May 19, 2013
- Travel Nurse Inspiration in Photos: Downtown Nantucket - May 19, 2013
- Weekend Report: Travel Nurse Happenings for week ending May 18, 2013 - May 18, 2013
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 18, 2013 - May 18, 2013