Join The Gypsy Nurse for a Tweet Chat!!
Earn FREE CEU!!
Bring your Travel Nurse questions and we’ll try to get them answered.
When: EVERY 3rd Sunday of the Month: 8-9pm (est)
RSVP to be eligible for your FREE CEU’s
Follow with #tgnchat
You can also log in to Tweet Chat here: http://tweetchat.com/room/tgnchat
This program is designed to facilitate job-related performance in a travel nurse setting by providing current information about the role of the experienced Registered Nurse in a Travel Nurse setting.
The goal of this program is to facilitate the experienced RN during the transition to a career as a Travel Nurse.
- Identify personal travel nursing career goals.
- Recognize key items to improve job transition.
- Understand how to prepare a professional Travel Nurse Portfolio.
- Identify key factors to consider when working with Staffing Agencies.
- Describe the differences between a traditional interview and a phone interview.
- Identify key items to include in Travel Nurse contract.
- Recognize the importance of contract negotiations.
- Discuss the key ‘safety’ factors of traveling alone.
- Identify tools to organize and track the required paperwork.
- Identify Licensing and regulatory issues that specifically affect the travel nurse.
- Discuss the timeline for job submission, application and contracting.
We will be following the Treatment Plan for Hypertravelosis. Following the steps, The Gypsy Nurse will guide you on your way to becoming a successful Travel Nurse.
Step #6: Building your Travel Portfolio
Step #17: Keeping Track of the Paperwork
Step #18: Make It A Great Road-Trip
Step #19: Arrival On Location
Step #20: Settling In (unpacking and finding the necessities)
Step #21: The countdown Begins: Your Travel Nurse Assignment Day One
Step #22: It’s 13 Weeks (How to Make the Most of Your Time)
Step #23: 8 Weeks Left (Time to start Preparing)
Step #24: 4 Weeks Left
Step #25: 2 Weeks Left
Step #26: The Final Week
Step #27: Wash….Rinse…Repeat!!
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 22, 2013 - May 22, 2013
- Food: Eating and Food Shopping in San Francisco (Bay Area) - May 22, 2013
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 21, 2013 - May 21, 2013
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 20, 2013 - May 20, 2013
- Travel Nurse Daily: May 19, 2013 - May 19, 2013